Fondation UNIT – AUNEGe
Who are we?
Fondation UNIT is the single legal structure housing UNIT and AUNEGE, two of the eight French Digital Universities (DU) supported by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation. The DUs are national networks which are working to create high-quality digital educational resources for the whole university community (academics and students), organised into disciplinary fields. UNIT is the DU for Engineering and Technology; AUNEGe the DU for economics and management studies. UNIT has 60 members (Engineering schools, Universities, Research centres, Networks, Associations, firms), offering more than 3000 OERs. AUNEGE has 20 members (Universities and ‘Grandes Ecoles’) and offers over 1000 OERs.
UNIT and AUNEGE are both committed to supporting their members in:
- defining digital policies for education,
- promoting the use of OERs in teaching practice within their respective disciplinary areas,
- supporting the development of competencies and skills, through actions such as the Skills passport and the development of (digital) soft skills for employability.
The OERs produced by UNIT and AUNEGE are subject to validation by scientific committees, composed of experts in each disciplinary field. A recent report by the IGAENR (General Inspection of the Administration of French national education and research) not only confirmed the key role that the DUs play in the French OER landscape but also praised UNIT and AUNEGE for their strategic vision, their commitment to international cooperation and their support of pedagogical innovation.
Why we are participating in the project
AUNEGe has a longstanding tradition of participating in European projects and sees these as a means to both contribute to and benefit from innovation at a scale that would not be possible at a purely national level. Recent initiatives through which AUNEGe supports its members include the creation of the European Universities and the move towards flexible Bachelor’s degrees in France, alongside increasing need to support transnational mobility, both physical and virtual. ECCOE thus represents a key strategic project for AUNEGe, with the potential for true systemic impact.
Our role in the project
AUNEGe, acting on behalf of Fondation UNIT, is the project coordinator of ECCOE. Its main responsibilities include:
- Running the overall management of the project
- Monitoring of progress against deadlines
- Communication between the partners and with the French National Agency
- Financial management of the project
- Coordinating the work of the ECCOE partnership in developing an online catalogue of potential modules for cross-institution recognition
- Contributing to desk research
- Mobilising its network of members, partners and projects to contribute to achieving the goals of ECCOE.
- Disseminating the results of ECCOE nationally and internationally.