On the 28th and 29th of March the partners met up for the fifth meeting of the ECCOE project. It was hosted by UNED, in Madrid, and it took place in the Central Library of the main campus of the university, which has a fantastic view of the city!
This meeting was a welcome opportunity for partners to meet face to face for only the third time since the beginning of the project due to the COVID mobility restrictions. Even with the monthly online meetings, and all the hard work being done remotely in the project, face-to-face meetings are crucial to move on with the project and make strategic decisions. This particular meeting was key in order to set the final specific tasks until the end of the project.
During the day and a half-long meeting, the following issues were discussed and achieved:
- Identifying the results of every output for use in written reports to be uploaded to the project website.
- Restructuring the ECCOE website in order to include a specific space for the ECCOE-System and the ECCOE network, with institutions on how to join.
- Revising the project quality: impact indicators, sustainability plan, dissemination plans, etc.
- Finalising the concrete details of the interconnection of all outputs in the ECCOE System and the final tasks needed to achieve this goal.
- Revising and finalising plans for future events: final meeting in Paris, multiplier events in Spain and Italy.
We had also a fabulous time on the Monday evening in a lovely restaurant serving a mixture of traditional and modern Spanish cuisine.
After this fruitful meeting, the consortium felt even more confident about the successful completion of the project.
We would especially like to thank all partners for coming in person to Madrid and giving all their intellectual effort and positive energy during the meeting.
Beatriz Sedano and Timothy Read
Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia